- 26 Jul 2022
Importance of Digital Marketing Compared to Old-Time Newspaper Marketing
There is no denying that the Internet, coupled with technological advancements, has revolutionized the face of marketing. Earlier, the best and the most effective way to promote a business was to get display ads printed in newspapers. But times have changed. Today's generation is more hooked to the digital world than printed media. Consequently, there is a growing need to shift focus on digital marketing. There is no exception for the healthcare industry as well.
What is Healthcare Digital Marketing?In healthcare, digital marketing refers to using digital platforms such as social media and websites as tools for marketing communication. The "sponsored ads" that pop up on your social feed and the emails you get from healthcare companies are all a part of digital marketing.
Trends in Healthcare Digital Marketing in IndiaThe past few years have been witness to India emerging as one of the fastest-growing digital economies globally. The period between 2014 and 2017 saw the digital adoption index growing by 90%. Regarding revenue, the Indian digital healthcare market stood at a valuation of $ 116.61 billion in 2018. The numbers will expectedly hit INR 485.43 billion by 2024, with a CAGR of around 27.41% during the years 2019-2024. (Source.)
Why Are the Downsides of Traditional Marketing?The traditional marketing mode is a conventional method to reach out to a semi-targeted audience through various offline advertising methods. It usually comes in prints, broadcasts, direct mail, telephone, and outdoor advertising like billboards. However, conventional marketing has the following drawbacks:
- Very costly
- Almost no direct interaction with the audience
- Making updates is not easy in a static newspaper ad or an already aired TV commercial.
- No room for customizations to target a specific audience
- Measuring ROI becomes tough.
- The rate of leads converting into paying customers is meager.
- Receiving feedback is not easy.
Why Go Digital with Healthcare Marketing?As per ClickZ, the global population has 57% internet users with an average online activity of 6 hours 42 minutes each day. (Source) With different channels like social media, websites, content marketing, pay-per-click, and more, there can be no better time to tap the digital platform's potential. While traditional newspaper marketing is still useful, technology makes it easier to broaden your outreach, especially when offering something essential, like healthcare services. So here are the top benefits of adopting digital marketing:
- Better audience profiling
- Direct interaction with the target audience.
- Better prediction of customer behavior
- Easier to get feedbacks on your service or brand
- Tracking your marketing progress is easy.
- Cost-effective compared to traditional advertising.
- Enough scope for customizing and updating marketing communication